Are you a natural-born creative leader, who is also obsessed with organization and productivity? Do you have experience running large creative projects and teams? Then it’s time for us to talk.
Thinkso is seeking an experienced, client-facing creative project director to run one of our largest accounts, acting as a thought partner to our client as well as handling the day-to-day management of the account. Additionally, when bandwidth permits, you’ll manage smaller projects and contribute to internal operations. This is a hands-on position in which you’ll be expected to lead projects with little support from the Thinkso Partners, once you’ve mastered Thinkso’s processes and protocol.
The successful candidate is a thoughtful, diligent, ever-learning individual with a Type A personality, who understands both the inner workings of a creative agency and the needs of corporate clients. You will be the hub that keeps everything working in harmony, ensuring Thinkso’s extremely high standards are met at all times. Those with the Meyers-Briggs personality types of E/INTJ and E/ISTJ have traditionally been most successful in this position at Thinkso.
To qualify, you must:
- Have 8+ years of experience at a creative agency managing print and digital marketing projects — including client communications, budgets, schedules, and resources.
- Be extremely organized, punctual, and obsessed with the details, while also keeping one eye on the big picture.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to work independently as well as collaborate with the firm’s partners and the rest of the Thinkso team.
- Have great respect for strategy and editorial, as well as design.
- Be able to thrive in a 100% remote workplace.
- Be honest, sincere, and open.
Bonus points for:
- B2B, business consulting, financial services, or other professional services experience.
- Marketing and creative strategy skills.
- Experience with Basecamp and Smartsheet.
Details on the role and its responsibilities:
Project Directors at Thinkso have responsibilities in each of these areas:
- Client Relationship
- Project/Work Product
Specific responsibilities comprise:
- Be a strategic thought partner to our clients and creative teams.
- Handle all day-to-day communications with client contacts.
- Escalate concerns about client relationship to Partners or other appropriate staff.
- Develop new business opportunities with the clients you manage, pulling Partners in when needed.
- Plan relationship-building events with your clients, when appropriate.
- Maintain your client contact information in our CRM.
- Intake new project requests from your client accounts.
- Create estimates. Write change orders and proposals for your existing client accounts.
- Master our online project management system and protocol, setting up and maintaining/managing new projects there.
- Onboard clients to our project management system.
- Write and post project briefs.
- Create and oversee project folders/file organization on Thinkso’s cloud-based servers.
- Write and distribute meeting notes for all meetings internal and external.
- Create and manage project schedules (using Smartsheet).
- Plan, schedule, and adjust (in real time) staffing for your projects, collaborating with the other Thinkso project managers and operation manager to ensure resources are utilized efficiently.
- Ensure staff is accomplishing work and meeting deadlines.
- Escalate to the operations manager any staffing issues.
- Source and manage communications with vendors (printers/fabricators, illustrators, animators, programmers, etc.)
- Relay client and project information to your project team efficiently/effectively.
- Ensure all project deadlines are met.
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage client meetings/presentations.
- Order and post transcripts of calls and meetings that are heavy in content delivery.
- Ensure our work product reflects the client’s input/feedback, or provide rationale when we are making a different recommendation.
- Oversee quality control on all client deliverables.
- Obtain client approvals.
- Properly close out completed projects, including archiving and oversee the documentation of the project.
- Prepare for and participate in our weekly staffing meeting.
- Communicate deadlines and activities to project teams and individuals.
- Anticipate project/studio needs and collaborate with other staffing managers to ensure resources are optimized.
- Collaborate with other project managers to make the best use of our resources and balance client deadlines.
- Help train new project managers of all levels.
- Help mentor project managers and project coordinators.
- Set up projects in our accounting system via our finance manager.
- Manage project budgets with the goal of coming in on budget.
- Review weekly time reports to ensure project team is billing time correctly and that the budget is maintained.
- Create and send client budget reports.
- Work with our finance manager to prepare monthly invoices for your clients.
- Process all project expenses, including contractor invoices, according to Thinkso protocol.
Thinkso offers competitive salaries, commensurate with skills and experience, as well as a robust benefits package. Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Thinkso is a fully remote boutique creative agency headquartered in Manhattan. Founded in 2006, we’re a group of like-minded strategists, designers, writers, and project managers who love what we do: producing exceptional brand communications for clients in a range of industries. Our work is strategy- and editorial-driven; we use world class design to bring the content to life to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
Thinkso specializes in sophisticated B2B professional services, with clients in the finance, technology, legal, and business consulting sectors. To keep ourselves and our portfolio fresh and invigorated, we also work in a wide range of other sectors, including education, nonprofit/mission-driven, athletics, medicine, real estate, consumer goods, and more.
Whatever we’re doing, we do it guided by our four core values: delivering excellence, choosing integrity, being scrappy, and enjoying the ride. While we’re all super-efficient, smart, and hard-working, we’re also fun-loving, supportive, quirky, and kind.
So if you’re someone who wants to do really great work but the bureaucracy of the corporate world and the cut-throat culture of big agencies aren’t for you, consider joining the Thinkso team.