If you’re that rare breed of creative strategist who is also an excellent writer, Thinkso has a place for you.
Thinkso is seeking an experienced editorial director with creative agency experience to work on a wide range of client projects. This is a hands-on position in which you’ll be developing editorial and brand strategy as well as writing copy, both independently and collaborating with our teams.
The successful candidate understands business strategy and has experience working on cross-channel media for a wide variety of sectors, including sophisticated B2B professional service (business consulting, finance, legal, and/or technology). As part of our small but seasoned agency, you’ll be developing high-level editorial directions for campaigns as well as writing copy for implementation. This position is perfect for someone who wants to shape creative direction but doesn’t want to be stuck in a bureaucratic, managerial role.
To qualify, you must:
- Have 5+ years of experience at a creative agency developing editorial concepts and implementing creative direction through copywriting.
- Write in clear plain English, know when to use industry jargon, and, most importantly, when not to.
- Be able to develop or adopt unique brand voices.
- Be an excellent proofreader and stickler for the details (grammar, spelling, consistency, etc.).
- Love a variety of project types and have experience writing across media — print and digital, long form and short.
- Be able to work independently as well as collaborate with the firm’s partners and the rest of the Thinkso team.
- Have great respect for design, as well as strategy and editorial.
- Want to break new ground in professional services marketing.
- Be comfortable taking a project and running with it, but also enjoy collaborating with the team.
- Be honest, sincere, and open.
- Thrive in a remote work environment.
Details on the Role & Responsibilities:
- Be a strategic thought partner to our clients and creative teams.
- Adeptly conduct discovery/information-gathering exercises, including one-on-one interviews, questionnaires/surveys, brainstorming sessions, etc.
- Perform desk research on our clients’ businesses, customers, and competitors
- Analyze research findings and translate them into actionable creative and marketing strategy.
- Devise brand strategy components, including positionings, brand attributes, elevator pitches, brand promises, among others.
- Develop comprehensive messaging strategies.
- Understand the importance and inner workings of structured content.
- Create and articulate unique brand voices.
- Write strategy and editorial decks for client presentations.
- Communicate strategy and other creative rationale to clients in a clear, professional, and convivial manner.
- Effectively proofread deliverables when other resources are not available.
- Write long- and short-form copy based on implementation needs. This can range from full-length articles, to headlines for a website or ad, to an email blast.
- Help oversee and mentor writers junior to you.
- Help train new editorial hires who are at your level or lower.
Thinkso is a fully remote boutique creative agency headquartered in New York City. Founded in 2006, we’re a group of like-minded strategists, designers, writers, and project managers who love what we do: producing exceptional brand communications for clients in a range of industries. Our work is strategy- and editorial-driven; we use world-class design to bring messages and content to life to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
Thinkso specializes in sophisticated B2B professional services, with clients in the finance, technology, legal, and business consulting sectors. To keep ourselves and our portfolio fresh and invigorated, we also work in a wide range of other sectors, including education, nonprofit/mission-driven, athletics, medicine, real estate, consumer goods, and more.
Whatever we’re doing, we do it guided by our four core values: delivering excellence, choosing integrity, being scrappy, and enjoying the ride. While we’re all super-efficient, smart, and hard-working, we’re also fun-loving, supportive, quirky, and kind.
So if you’re someone who wants to do really great work but the bureaucracy of the corporate world and the cut-throat culture of big agencies aren’t for you, consider joining the Thinkso team.
Thinkso offers competitive salaries, commensurate with skills and experience, as well as a competitive benefits package. Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter, resume, and samples of your work to email@example.com.